Thursday, September 20, 2012

Basil Tomato Chicken Wraps

A couple weeks ago we had friends over for dinner and a planning meeting. I've been far bolder lately when it comes to trying out new recipes on friends, so I whipped up an adaption of a recipe I had seen on the Pampered Chef website. I'm not a huge "recipe" person, but I'll try to give measurements to the best of my ability.

1 large package boneless skinless chicken breast.
2 cups, plus a handful of extra, fresh basil leaves
6 tomatoes
EVOO
Fiesta citrus spice
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cloves of garlic
6 burrito size tortillas
Parmesan cheese, grated
Mozzarella cheese, grated

1. Brush the chicken with EVOO and lightly rub the fiesta lime spice on. I did the rub with my hands, and I wouldn't even describe it as a full coating.

2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and heat in a skillet or pan.

3. In a food processor mix garlic, basil leaves and mayonnaise until it's a pasty sauce consistency.

4. Move sauce into a bowl and mis in cooked chicken and a good portion of grated Parmesan.

5. On your tortilla layer some of the saucy chicken mixture, 2 full basil leaves, a handful of grated mozzarella and 3-4 slices of tomato. I dried my tomato slices between paper towels so they wouldn't be as wet.

6. Roll your tortilla and heat on a George Foreman or panini grill.

Enjoy!!!
Got a favorite, or new recipe? Link it up here, I'd love to try them out!




No comments:

Post a Comment