Monday, September 17, 2012

An Encounter

Today's reading for my daily read through was Ezekiel 42-44 and Revelation 22.  While from the outset it was a pretty dry set of passages, the Lord is so good and revealed exactly what I needed to hear.

S. "Moreover, they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean."
Ezekiel 44:23

O. As the 'new priesthood,' there are certain obligations we must uphold in stewarding the Lord's people well.  Saying some acceptance prayer is not enough, nor is teaching some legalistic list of do's and don'ts.  It must go beyond that to equipping them with the knowledge and understanding of holiness.  When there has been a true living encounter of that which is of heaven, that which is of this world won't hold any appeal.  Trust that, after being equipped, they will have the ability and know how to discern, in any situation, the Lord's best and how to properly attain it.

A. In raising up a generation of world changers I have to be a person who seeks holiness and exhibits resemblance of such.  I must invite the presence so my students can experience the distinction between it and the world.  Once decisions are filtered through holy and profane rather than good or bad much of the gray middle ground will disappear.  Then, I need to take my hands off and trust that they have the capability to discern and decipher themselves, allowing them room to fail.  Grace will always go farther in the learning process than a stern eye and iron fist.

P. God,

Thank you for equipping us with your spirit that teaches and brings your holiness.  Forgive me for sometimes erring on the side of legalism in teaching others over the spirit of holiness.  Help me equip my students to discern and decide on your terms, not their own.  That there would be a standard raised of holiness among this generation, and that the essence of it would be attractive to others.  You are the ultimate prize, and it is you alone I focus on.  200 students by October 31st, that every student of every school would know who you are, as we strive to make your name famous!  Make all I am be all you want me to be!  Make me a world changer!  Make me a history maker!  Make me into the woman you dreamt into design once upon a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment