Thursday, May 24, 2012

My First Mother's Day

I wish I had taken pictures of all my marvelous Mother's Day weekend held, but sadly, I was too focused on taking it all in.  It started off Saturday with a rash scare that was spreading across Jezreel's face, I think he just wanted me to stay home from work.  After calling out, and getting ahold of the doctor's office, it seemed mild enough and just needed to be monitored.  So my sissy, J's "nanny" and I went for a walk to take advantage of all of the sunshine.  Coffee stand, and a trip to my Grandma's house ended up with a LONG walk by the river.  He was over the moon: looking at all of the trees, rocks and water from his stroller.  On our way back I stumbled across an amazing end table/chest of drawers that I was going to paint black and use in my living room, but Nate wouldn't put it in the car.  Fear of spiders!  When Kylie and I went back for it, someone else had already seen it's potential and taken it to live in their home.  Then it was off to church for the night, where I received my first plaster imprint of Jezreel's foot.  Let me just say, I have a BIG boy!  All of the other children in nursery did their hand prints, but since Nate has J's feet tattooed on his right arm they did his foot instead.  The hands were nicely centered in the middle of the plaster, so small and precious.  J's foot on the other hand, or other foot, took up the whole entire mold. That's my boy!  Dinner that night was pizza, of my choosing.  Artichoke hearts it is!

Sunday morning Nate surprised sissy and I with McDonald's breakfast, roses and balloons.  She's not yet a wifey and momma, but it was her 21st birthday so celebrations all around.  Then it was off to church, lunch at our favorite restaurant, and home to relax before heading back for youth.  I don't often nap in that little bit of space in between, but while J slept so did I and Lord knows this momma needed it.  Then we honored mommas at youth, having the students call them up, give them a rose, and say something in their honor.

All in all it was a busy, but blessed weekend.  I'll make sure I actually squeeze some pictures in next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment