Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Nothing Feels Quite as Nice as Productive

It's no secret that housework and organization are not typically at the top of my priority list. I would much rather snuggle up with little man and a movie than fold laundry, but with baby girl on the way I'm learning how to play both roles. (And fill my acts of service husband's love tank in the process.) I've realized that the first step I require to kick start my day is spend some time with my main man Jesus. This morning that meant making J some "daddy toast" (toast with peanut butter) and get him snuggled back down to watch a show while I sipped coffee and got in the Word. 
While catching up on some blog reading, and stalking everyone else on Facebook may be more fun, there's nothing quite as motivating and refreshing as being reminded of who I am and whose I am. 

Next on my goal list for the year is to make sure I'm all the way ready at least 2 non-working days a week. I want my husband to know that he's worth my best. I want my son to grow up knowing that women are worth the effort, and that we are beautiful. And most importantly, let's be real, I'm far more motivated to get going when I've taken the time to put a little bit of makeup on and clothing other than just switching from one pair of sweats to another. 

Then, it was off to an ever so successful day. My sister fish came over for some resume updating assistance, which meant I got a free peach Arnold Palmer from the coffee stand she works at. How can you turn down sister time and a free tea?!? She always does such a good job of helping me get in gear when it comes to decorating and making my house a home, so candles were definitely burning and making me all comfy by the time she left. She also sent me a cleaning list she found on Pinterest that we both have been working to implement into our regular routines. While I'm still working on the once a week tasks, the daily ones definitely help me organize myself. 
  
And while J was napping I got a full order of burpies cut and pinned for a beautiful momma who just welcomed her little boy into the world this week. 

Gotta love all that chevron minky goodness. 

And while laundry was running through little man and I got dinner going. He loves to be a big helper, so I have learned to find ways to incorporate him in cooking and cleaning tasks. He asked me to take a picture of us while he stirred dry ingredients.
 
And we made up non gluten free Parmesan chicken tenders that we found on Pinterest, French fries and salad.


After my boys snuck themselves upstairs to watch some shows I finished up the dishes, wiped down the counters, swept the floor and made lunch for the hubster. Went up to hang out with them and folded the 4 load of laundry awaiting me, and actually put them away, and was still able to get in bed before 8:30. 

Never did I imagine I'd be this woman, but I've learned that I am happiest when my family is well taken care of. I have no desire to be a full on Miss Independent, I'd much rather work away at home and spend time with my guys. And while financially we're not fully there yet, I am believing this year will be the year as I  faithful in even the small tasks, like picking up those DVD cases for the tenth time of the day.

Be encouraged, and know that all things are possible through Him who gives you the strength!


No comments:

Post a Comment